The Mist Iced Tea Pitcher is an easy, mess free way to brew loose leaf tea for iced tea. Simply place your tea leaves in the pitcher and add hot water or cold water. Watch the tea leaves expand as they brew; very attractive for guests.
The hand-blown borosilicate glass pitcher withstands hot and cold water brewing, and doesn’t absorb flavor like plastic. The ultra-fine stainless steel filter catches tea leaves as you pour. Easy to clean.
Cold Steeping Method:
Hot Steeping Method:
- Capacity: 50 oz. / 1.5 L.
- Jug: Borosilicate glass (thermal shock resistant up to 120°C/248°F)
- Lid: Polypropylene (heat resistant up to 120°C/248°F)
- Filter: Stainless-steel (heat resistant up to 120°C/248°F)
- Gasket: Silicone rubber
- Gift Boxed
Care Instruction & Warning:
- Dishwasher-safe, but hand-wash recommended for glass jug.
- Only glass jug is microwave oven-safe.
- Do not place tea jug directly on flame or heating element.
- Do not freeze te in glass jug.
- Let boiling water settle about 15-20 seconds before pouring.
- Use caution when handling hot water.
- Use caution when you take a part off and wash thin stainless-steel filter.
- Use baking soda dissolved in warm water to clean tea stain as needed.
This pitcher is great for making iced tea with loose leaves. The strainer helps to keep the leaves out of your drink. I bought this with the Organic Hibiscus Lime Cooler (highly recommend).
This is a brilliant device I love it makes great tea in a healthy glass container a breeze! Love it!
I am sorry there are still plastic parts touching the hot liquid when it is poured. Also, iced tea needs to chill for a while in fridge but leaving the tea leaves in would result in bitterness, yes? I steep the tea for about 5 minutes, pour it into a pan, remove the leaves and then pour it back (with some honey) and chill in fridge. Am I doing it incorrectly? Seems like it would be bitter several hours later with the leaves in.