Matcha is ground up tea leaves from the Camellia sinensis plant. The powdered green tea has a number of culinary uses, including smoothies, ice cream, and general drinking. The same reasons that make it good to drink, make it good to apply as a face mask. Just one week using this recipe, you’ll start to notice the difference in your skin.
Skin Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
- Clears Blemishes, Helps Treat Acne
- Reduces Scarring
- Protects and neutralizes UV Damage
- Reduces Inflammation
- Rejuvenates old skin cells
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles
- Evens Skin Tone
- 1/2 tsp organic matcha (sifted to remove clumps)
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp spring water
- Mix ingredients thoroughly in a shallow dish. Use a cotton ball, cosmetic sponge, or your finger to mix.
- First time trying this? Try on a patch of skin first to see how your skin reacts.
- With a cotton ball or cosmetic sponge, apply the matcha generously on your face. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove with a clean, damp cloth. Rinse face, pat dry, and apply a moisturizer.
Try the routine at least 2 weeks to observe significant results.
Have you tried a matcha face mask? Let us know how it works for you!