This fantastic baked bean recipe uses a maple vanilla black tea to give it a flavor boost.. Recipe by Chef Andre Begnaud.
- 1 oz maple creme tea
- 1 C water
- 3 ea navy beans, cans, drained
- l ea small onion. diced
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 2 t salt
- 1/4 t dry mustard
- 1/4 t black pepper, ground
- 1/4 C strained tomatoes
- 6 dash Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- Make a strong infusion of maple creme tea, steep 5·8 min & set aside.
- Layer beans & onions in casserole, set aside.
- Bring rest of the ingredients to a boil, reduce to simmer 3·5 min.
- Pour mix over the beans; add tea so beans are completely covered, keep remaining tea
- Cover & bake at 350F tor 2 hours.
- Remove cover & add remaining tea if needed. Return to oven for additional 1-2 hours.