Linda Smith, owner of Divinitea and master tea blender, discusses her time at home during the NYS On Pause Executive Order.
Discussion includes what she has done to keep herself busy during her stay at home, in addition to operational changes at Divinitea, and tea recommendations for health and wellness. We’ve included links to teas below.
Linda Smith Tea Recommendations/Staff Picks
Here are some of the teas Linda Smith mentioned in this interview. In addition to some staff picks.
Calming/Relaxing/Stress Reduction Teas
- Nite Cap: Have a little Nite Cap before bed time to wind down. Smooth notes of red raspberry leaf, chamomile, and rose hips with hints of cinnamon. This organic herbal blend soothes and relaxes. Naturally caffeine free, rich in antioxidants.
- Chamomile Lavender: A soothing and relaxing blend of Organic Chamomile flowers from Egypt and Organic Lavender Petal from France. Naturally caffeine free herbal infusion, full of antioxidants.
- Staff Pick, Adaptogen Brew: A complex, full bodied organic herbal blend with adaptogens to promote reduced stress and a healthy immune system. Roasted flavors of yerba mate and chocolate notes of cacao nibs are accompanied by the smooth sweetness of rooibos and coconut, with a subtle spice of tulsi.
Allergy Season Teas
- Allergy Tonic: Before you reach for the medicine cabinet, reach for a cup of herbal tea! Our Organic Allergy Tonic contains natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory ingredients that help prevent allergies and alleviate symptoms. Smooth flavors of rooibos mingle with rich earthy notes of yerba mate. Lemon balm and ginger give this tea a satisfying finish. Contains caffeine.
General Health/Respiratory Health
- Ginger Lemon Mint: An organic herbal infusion with piquant notes of lemon, spicy flavors of ginger, and a cool finish of peppermint. Naturally caffeine free, full of antioxidants.
- Create World Peace: An inspiring organic blend of licorice root, ginger, and peppermint. A wonderfully complex flavor. Naturally caffeine free. Great for a sore throat.
- Organic Cranberry Apple: Addictive tart fruity notes of cranberry and apple with piquant flavors of hibiscus. Tasty hot or iced. Naturally caffeine free organic blend, full of antioxidants.
- Staff Pick, Immunitea: Our Immunitea blend is tailored to support a healthy immune system and to support recovery from ailments. This certified organic, handcrafted blend features elderberry, elderflower for respiratory health, in addition to ginger, licorice root, nettle, and rosehips for an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory punch.
For additional tea recommendations for respiratory health, Teas for Cold & Flu season.