When the cold chill of autumn leaves you reaching for a hot cup of tea, try making a traditional spicy organic chai with milk. Organic chai has many great health benefits, and has its roots in ancient Ayurvedic medicine.
This recipe makes for a rich cup of chai, and goes well with any of our hand-crafted organic chai blends.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/2 cup organic milk (cow milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk, hemp milk, or oat milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tsp. sugar or sugar substitute
- 1-2 heaped tsp. organic loose leaf chai tea
- Pour all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat.
- Heat to a boil. Stir the chai while heating, scraping the bottom to avoid scalding the milk.
- When the milk comes to a boil, turn off the heat and stir well. Allow to steep for 5-10 minutes, depending how strong you like your chai.
- Carefully pour tea over fine mesh strainer into a cup and serve.
- Optional: If you like a frothy chai, use a wire whisk and vigorously whisk the tea in after it is strained. Or use an electric frother