This Earl Grey Shortbread recipe goes great with your favorite cuppa tea! Recipe by Chef Andre Begnaud.
- 1 lb butter. unsalted, softened
- 1 1/2 C sifted powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 t salt
- 4 C sifted, all purpose flour
- 1oz Earl Grey tea, powdered
- 1 T lemon zest, grated
- Blend butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Lower speed & add van,. salt & flour
- Stir In tea & zest.
- Separate Into 4 equal rounds, wrap in plastic & refrigerate 1 hr minimum.
- Remove from fridge & allow to rest 10 min.
- Unwrap & roll to 1/4″ round, with a Lightly floured pin.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Carefully transfer to parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 15–20 min. until golden brown on the edges.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Remove carefully w/spatula.