If you haven’t tried a good organic matcha, then you’re missing out on a uniquely smooth and flavorful tea experience. Plus, matcha is high in antioxidants, making it a healthy beverage. Here’s how to make yours at home:
What you’ll need:
- Bring water to 160F – 180F. Preheat your matcha bowl by swishing in hot water. Dump this water.
- Hold matcha strainer over matcha bowl. Using a matcha spoon, or teaspoon, dispense 1tsp matcha over matcha strainer. Sift the matcha through the strainer to remove clumps.
- Pour hot water over matcha in matcha bowl. Whisk vigorously with matcha whisk.
- Serve immediately. Swirl finished matcha beverage on occasion to prevent settling. Consider adding milk and sugar if you’re looking for something light and sweet.
How to prepare iced matcha
- Prepare matcha using instructions above
- Add sweetener, if desired
- Add milk to taste
- Add ice to chill
- Optional: Place in blender for a smoothie texture!
More than most teas, you can tell quality by taste. Avoid lower grade matchas, they just don’t taste the same. That’s why we stock a ceremonial grade matcha.