Here are 5 diverse iced tea cocktail recipes that will add some flare to your summer gatherings.
Sparkling Green Tea Cocktail
This refreshing green tea cocktail by Food, Fashion, And Fun has a champagne effervescence. Very uplifting!
- 1/2 cup Chinese green tea, chilled
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
- Juice of 1 Lime
Brew 1 tsp loose leaf green tea in 1/2 cup water.
Combine green tea, gin, lime juice, and agave nectar into a glass. Stir to combine.
Serve in champagne glasse
Sweet Tea Bourbon Cocktail
Here’s a straightforward, refreshing bourbon cocktail recipe from Joythebaker.com. Try this after a long day in the sun to unwind.
This recipe uses Organic Nilgiri Black tea, a crisp, clean black tea that doesn’t cloud up when iced.
- 6 cups water
- 6 tsp. Organic Nilgiri Black tea
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (honey will do too)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup bourbon (depending on how strong you want your cocktail)
- 4 to 6 sliced orange rounds
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
Using the hot brew method, or cold brew method, prepare 6 cups of Organic Nilgiri black tea
Muddle orange slices and mint in a medium bowl with bourbon.
Pour the muddled mixture into an Iced Tea Pitcher with the black tea. Strain, if desired, and serve
Peach Tea Cocktail
These sweet peach tea cocktails are a great summer indulgence. A little vodka and rum give this an adult twist. Variation of Spicyicecream.com.au recipe
- 3 heaped tablespoons Sunshine Peach Tea
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into eighths.
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz spiced rum
Brew a tea concentrate using 3 tbs Sunshine Peach Tea in 3/4 cup water
Dissolve sugar in tea while water is hot. Add peaches. Let cool.
Add vodka and rum. Top with ice cubes and serve
Earl Grey Infused Gin
This Earl Grey infused gin cocktail recipe from The Framed Table makes a sophisticated and distinguished beverage.
- 1.5 oz simple syrup*
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- 3 oz Earl Grey infused gin**
- club soda
- In a glass, combine simple syrup, lemon juice and infused gin. Stir.
- Add ice and top off the glass with club soda. Stir again.
*To make simple syrup, boil 1 cup water. Stir in 1 cup sugar. Let cool
**To make Earl Grey infused gin, add 2 tbsp loose leaf Organic Earl Grey tea to 8oz Gin and it let set for 2 hours covered at room temperature. Strain for later use.
Smoky Iced Tea and Whiskey
This cockail recipe from Seriouseats.comhas an intriguing smoky finish that compliments the rye whiskey. A little lemon juice brightens things up.
- 3 ounces brewed Organic Lapsang Souchong tea, chilled.
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 1 ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur.
- 1 ounce rye whiskey.
- Dash Angostura bitters.
- Garnish: Lemon twist.
Brew 1 tsp. loose leaf Lapsang Souchong in 1 cup water. Set aside 2 oz for the cocktail.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine tea, lemon, ginger liqueur, whisky, and bitters. Shake 12 seconds.
Strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with lemon twist and serve.